Wife and Motherhood Not For an Amateur
“ Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her works praise her in the gates.” Proverbs 30:30 &31
The world is captivated with physical beauty. A lot of money is used to promote pageantry; many women try to project certain image to be accepted or attractive.
The enemy is trying to shift the focus of Christian women to just the outward beauty, making them to think that the right hair, right face, figure 8 and good job will get them the right man and then they will live happily ever after.
Arise daughters of Zion; life is not Tele-novella or fairy tale. Wife and motherhood is not for amateurs.
The Bible says “Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.” Prov31:10
“He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favour from the LORD.” Prov. 18:22
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.( Genesis 2:18)
What are these good and priceless virtues that attract favour and equip a woman to become a help meet?
God has boxed some things in the spirit, soul and body of the woman that her husband and children will always crave for.
If a woman really knows her self-worth, her essence, inner beauty, strength and glory, her husband and generation is more than blessed.
Let me start by saying it is not every female that is a wife material.
Adam and Eve were created as male and female (Genesis5:2) but when God was about to join them, the male had transformed to man and the female to wife.
” That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.” (Genesis2:24)
For a woman to become a wife, the following transformations must occur:
- Deeper knowledge of God. (Philippians 3:10 ) She must be born again. It is essential to have a solid relationship with your maker. He made you, has the blueprint of your life. If you are not saved, you are not safe. Grow the fruit of the spirit; you really need it as a woman. He will lead you and guide you in the way to go. He will teach your hands and fingers to battle. Without Him you can do nothing. Always connect with God in prayers. It is only they that know their God that will be strong and do exploits. Daniel 11:32. You are created for signs and wonders, to do exploits in your home, connect to your source.
- Appreciate, love and celebrate yourself. You must go into marriage as a whole person, not to be completed but to complement your partner. You are fearfully and wonderfully made by God and there is no other human being on the surface of the earth that is like you. Psalms 139:14
- Know your composition.
You were created a FEMALE i.e. FOETUS + MALE. You are a WOMAN= WOMB + MAN.
As a female, you were created with a womb that can carry physical foetus/ foetuses but as a woman, you have a physical, mental and spiritual womb that can accommodate greatness. Life passes through our wombs, ideas and thoughts passes through the womb of our minds, faith in God is in the womb of our spirit, as a daughter of Sarah, believe that the word can be made into flesh. Know that there is no impossibility with God. You can conceive what you want with the womb of faith. Amen! Hebrews11:11
You are a receiver, an incubator, whatever you are given, you can multiply, if given a house, you can turn it into a home, if given idea, it can be turned into reality, if given a seed you can turn it into a nation like Sarah.
A woman can multiply ideas, concepts, vision that God has given to her. Invigorate and multiply your vision and aspirations as well as that of your spouse. You are a help meet.
Be reminded that giving birth is no child’s play for accompanied by pain and sorrow, if you are going to bring forth anything worthwhile you need to be strong and courageous, don’t give up until you see your baby, keep pushing in the night and dark time, for joy comes in the morning. Don’t live in fear or intimidation (Gen. 3:16)
Also, ensure you don’t incubate anger, bitterness or malice in your womb because it is destructive.
- Build your home Proverbs 14:1. Invest in your home and know that divorce is not an option. Malachi 2:15-16. You are a pillar in your home and nor a caterpillar, so build, don’t pull down.
- Know that you’re one with your spouse: Work on your marital bond with your spouse. Protect your home by creating healthy boundaries between family, friends, ex-lovers etc. No one or nothing but God comes before your spouse. Be faithful to your vows. Genesis 2:24
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”(Genesis2:18, 22 &23)
Be industrious and creative. Don’t be laid back expecting a man to rescue you financially. Go to school, learn a trade, start a business, be financially independent and buoyant so that you will have something to bring to the table in marriage.
- Know your spouse. A man is different from a woman. A man needs private and public respect, recreational company, good food and sex. Give your spouse his needs. Spend quality time with your spouse to get to know him better. Men are sight-oriented, dress well and keep your environment clean. He will keep chasing you. Also, be trustworthy; keep your husband’s secret. Don’t cast your pearls before swine.
- Ensure you don’t keep company with ungodly women. Evil communication corrupts good manners (1Corinthians15:33)
- Take good care of your health. Eat right and exercise.
- Be inwardly adorned: God did not just adorn you outwardly; your real strength is the inner beauty of your spirit man. 1Peter 3:1-6. Submit to your husband, let your conversation be seasoned with salt, be meek and your reward will be great.
“Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.” Proverbs 31:25-30
Motherhood is an awesome responsibility. It is a noble and sacred calling; it is to be highly esteemed because there is no retirement.
From cradle to adulthood, a mother’s heart is knit to her children.
“Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?” Isaiah 49:15 (New Living Translation)
ROLES OF A GODLY MOTHER
- Always pray for your children from conception through adulthood. 1Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Instruct and train your children in the way of the Lord like Lois and Eunice did to Timothy who later became a stalwart in the kingdom of God. (2Timothy 1:5, Proverbs 22:6 )
- Ensure you are leading by example
- Spend quality time with them and be a part of their lives.
- Get to know their strength and weaknesses, fan their strength and giftings, empower them.
- Give them godly counsel and encourage them when they miss the mark (Proverbs 29:19, Isaiah 66:13)
- Take good care of the household. Good food, quality education, clean and decent clothing etc.
- Never compare your children, avoid favouritism because they are all unique and precious in their individual ways.
- When they are grown and married, accept their spouses in love.
- Be forgiving.